foodora Australia takes your privacy seriously
What types of personal information do we collect?
foodora will collect personal information from you that we require to provide our services to you. This information may include your:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details
- electronic addresses (such as email address);
- payment information (such as credit card details, bank details or pay pal details);
- transaction details relating to your use of our services or benefits; or
- any other information required to provide our services and to ensure your orders and delivery of products from participating restaurants are met.
We may collect your sensitive information but only if you agree to provide it to us. If you agree to provide us with sensitive information, we will only use it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
You do not have to provide foodora with any personal information, however if you do not do so foodora may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How do we collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you:
- use and submit information through our Site;
- place and pay for an order for products with a participant restaurant using our Site;
- purchase a participant restaurant voucher;
- rate and/or review a restaurant
- participate in a survey;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- submit website feedback; or
- apply for a job.
We may also collect your personal information through our related body corporates or from third parties who supply services to us, such as participant restaurants.
How do we use personal information?
foodora will use the personal information we collect to provide services to you, for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- to provide the services you have requested from us;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to communicate your orders made through our Site to participant restaurants and delivery contractors (e.g. by providing your contact details and delivery address where applicable);
- to inform you of offers or promotions that we consider you might be interested in; and
- to conduct marketing research.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested, including:
- participant restaurants to enable them to accept and prepare your order for products made through our Site, to contact you about your order or for billing and invoicing purposes;
- delivery contractors to enable them to collect and deliver your order for products made through our Site from participant restaurants, to contact you about the delivery of your order or for billing and invoicing purposes;
- if you pay for an order from a participant restaurant through our Site using a credit card or pay pal, your details will be passed on to the secure internet payment provider that we use for processing payment;
- if you have provided your express consent to share the personal information;
- if foodora is required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information;
- if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- marketing consultants and promotions companies;
- website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
foodora may share statistics and personal information between its affiliates and related bodies corporate.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, or where authorised or required by law.
We may store your personal information so that you do not need to re-provide that personal information if you use our services again.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- our related bodies corporate;
- third parties who provide services to us; and
- third parties, if foodora reasonably considers you would be interested in that third party’s goods or services.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our services;
- the products and services of third parties;
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
Do we send personal information overseas?
We may need to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Australia, for the purposes described below, in [insert countries personal information may be disclosed to].
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to foodora disclosing your personal information to organisations in those countries listed above. You may request that foodora not disclose your personal information to the countries listed above, but if you do so foodora may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities and physical records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. We cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of personal information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that personal information.
Accessing your personal information
At your request, foodora will provide you with access to a copy of any personal information that foodora holds about you within 30 days upon receiving the request, subject to the exceptions outlined in the Australia Privacy Principles. We will give you access to your personal information in the form you want it where it is reasonable and practical. foodora may charge a fee for retrieving personal information, in which case foodora will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the personal information requested.
foodora will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it holds about you is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading and upon your request will correct personal information it holds about you or has disclosed to third parties to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, within a reasonable period after the request is made.
If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
To submit a request, please write to us at: [insert contact details, such as postal address, phone number] or by email, [insert email address].
Change of Control
The business and assets of foodora Australia Pty Ltd may be sold in the future. You consent to the transfer or disclosure of your personal information to any purchaser of foodora Australia Pty Ltd or its assets if that outcome occurs.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact us?
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Last updated July 2015.
foodora Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 50 605 948 052) of 5/29 Hutchinson St, NSW2010 Surry Hills (“foodora”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “its”) is committed to complying with The Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act).
What is spam? Spam is unwanted commercial electronic messages such as emails, sms messages, and instant messaging. The Spam Act prohibits the sending of unsolicited commercial electronic messages and sets out the requirements for sending legitimate commercial electronic messages.
When placing an order with a participant restaurant using our online platform, you consent to your details being added to our mailing list and to receive information relating to foodora, our services and those of participant restaurants. You might also choose to receive such information by directly subscribing to our mailing list. You give your consent to the receipt of commercial electronic messages (including email and text messages) from us about our services or the products and services of participant restaurants or from other third parties that we reasonably consider will be of interest to you from time to time.
How to opt-out of foodora Communications
Should you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from foodora, you can opt-out at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails that you receive from us. Please note that we may still need to send you messages required for the proper supply of our services to you, such as order confirmation emails or essential information about your account.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions about this spam policy or if you have any questions about our compliance with the Spam Act please contact us by emailing at [email protected] or phone 1300 875 606.